• Introduction to HTML: Why is it needed, Elements and Attributes, Structure of an HTML Document – Head and Body; Text Editors to Use.
• Text in HTML – Structural Markup, Semantic Markup – Headings, Paragraphs, Bold text, Italic text, Horizontal Rules, Breaks, Subscript and Superscript text etc.
• Lists in HTML – Ordered Lists, Unordered Lists, Definition Lists, Nested lists.
• Links in HTML – Anchor tags, Href attribute and additional attributes, Different types of hyperlinks, Directory Structure, URL referencing- relative and absolute.
• Image in HTML – Adding images to webpages using the Error! Filename not specified.tag and the required attributes.
• Tables – Structure of a Table – headings, rows, cells; Spanning rows and columns, header and footer of a table. • Forms – How forms work, The Form Structure, Different form controls- Text Input Controls, Choice Controls, Button Controls, Date and Time Controls; Attributes associated with each, Simple HTML Form validation.
• Extra Markup – Global Attributes- ID, Class Attributes; Inline and Block level elements, Grouping the inline and block level elements together.
• Iframes – What are Inline Frames, Adding iframes in a webpage and the necessary attributes.
• Multimedia in HTML – Adding Audio and Video files to a webpage. Providing media controls.
• Introduction to CSS – What is CSS, Selectors, Declarations, Property, Value, Types of Stylesheets, CSS Selectors.
• Color in CSS – Foreground, Background Colors, Ways of specifying colors - HSL value, RGB value or color names;
• Text Styling – Specifying Typefaces, Size of the type, Units of type size, transforming text to uppercase or lowercase, decorating text (underline, strikethrough or overline etc), indenting, aligning the text, drop shadow for the text, Pseudo class and elements.
• Box Model – Box dimensions, margin, padding, border- border radius, color, shadow; display and visibility
• Table and Form Styling – Borders for a Table, Styling form controls, buttons
• Advanced CSS – Float, Position, Multi- column web pages.
• Image and Background Styling – Size, Alignment of images, Background-
images and colour.
• Syntax – Variables – defining, declaring a variable, assigning values to a
variable; Data types accepted in js, Operators – arithmetic, logical, comparison;
Loops, Conditional statements.
• Introduction to Xampp - what is it, how to install it, how to use it.
• Introduction to PHP – What is server-side scripting language, why is it needed,
how to run PHP programs.
• Syntax – comments, variables – declaration, assigning values; Data types in
php, Arrays – different types of arrays, how to define each array; Functions,
Loops, Conditional statements, Operators.
6. DATABASE & SQL
• Introduction to Database – what is it? Where is it used? why is it needed? Basic
database concepts and what is a relational database.
• Data Base Management Systems – MySQL, MariaDB.
• SQL – Structured Query Language, Data types in SQL, Queries in SQL –
creating a database, a table, inserting data into a table, altering tables, deleting
tables, updating tables, displaying content from the tables etc.
• Complex SQL Queries – Aggregate functions, grouping, order by, union, views
7. DATABASE CONNECTION
• Linking front end and back end using PHP.
• Mysqli_stmt class in PHP
• Connecting to a database with the help of PHP inbuilt functions.
• Accessing database from the client side using mysqli_stmt class – Obtaining
data from db., updating the data in the db., inserting data into the db, deleting
the data in the db.
• Displaying the data from the db.
8. Project Guidance Session